Monday, August 27, 2018
Bus Drivers needed $14.61 per hour. Anyone interested in driving full or part time, please fill out the attached form and return it to the District Transportation Office, or email filled out form to email@example.com
Our school bus drivers' major responsibilities
- Drives a regular route OR substitute for other drivers..
- Must read and understand street signs, route sheets and maps.
- Complete pre-trip and post-trip inspections of the bus, including child checks.
- Assists students in the loading and unloading process.
- Cooperates and communicates with school personnel, parents and students.
- Attendance at all safety and training meetings.
- Conducts emergency evacuation from the bus.
- Opens and closes service doors and moves up and down steps multiple times daily.
- Cleans the insides of the bus including sweeping, dusting and cleaning windows. Cleans outside of the bus.
- Other specialized functions as required by contract.
School Bus Drivers' Minimum Education & Certifications Required
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain CDL Operator’s license with required endorsements.
- Undergo two weeks of driver training to become certified and obtain CDL. (provided)
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must possess valid driver’s license for 3 years or longer.
- All driver applicants must pass a background check and drug test.
School Bus Drivers' Experience & Skills Required
- Good verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work early morning hours.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision.
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License